|acidjazz||biff; all i found was a link to that wiki|
|Biff`||Well, the release notes at one point contained the instructions.|
Online Upgrade from CentOS-4/Final
remove as muhc as you can
disable all repositories
shutodwn all services
run a yum upgrade
how do you disable all repositories?
|Evolution||acidjazz: use --disablerepo|
|Evolution||followed by the wildcard method of your choice.|
so for the centos-release-5.x
is that the file?
i dont like how its a 19k file
|acidjazz||the yum upgrade will force all 4.x rpms to upgrade to 5.x ?|
has any1 in here personally migrated from 4 to 5 yet?
|acidjazz||ok i made a more detailed list of 4 -> 5|
1. remove as many packages as you can
2. yum --disable-repo=*
3. init 3
4. shutdown as many services as possible
5. wget http://mirror.newnanutilities.org/pub/centos/5.0/os/i386/CentOS/centos-release-5-0.0.el5.centos.2.i386.rpm
6. install the rpm, which will update yum configs
7. run a yum upgrade (not update)
any general yum tutorial?
i need to learn how to remove packages
that good enough? :-P
|acidjazz||i was hoping for just pictures|